I take pride in ensuring they’re taken care of regularly – hot meals ready by dinner time, clean covers at night, you know, the ‘everyday’ little things.
My pup Brooklyn is no exception. She’s our family dog: 10 months old & a Pit/Mastiff bull mix. We took her in when she was only a month old. One challenge we’ve continually dealt with as she grew older is her separation anxiety – and this is still something we’re working on to this day. I am very happy & pleased that her reactions to us being separate have improved; those first few nights of her staying a part from us are moments I wont ever forget. Her cries; my baby Brooklyn.
At this stage of her life, the only real separation anxiety we deal with mostly is while the hubby and I are away at work. Once we return home, Brooklyn. Goes. Crazy! That’s been the case up until recently when we tried out Dope Dog Calming Crunchies – and the results were immediate. We gave her a treat right when we left & upon returning home, she was excited – as she always is – but in a much calm, cooler & collective tone. We were immediately hooked.
Dope Dog is CA based product specializing in cannabinoid-rich hemp products. All products are tested by a third-party & are deemed safe and healthy for your pup. As someone who is a supporter of cannabis, I was more than excited to try out these products with Brooklyn. On top of being beneficial for separation anxiety, Dope Dog also helps with joint pain, epilepsy, inflammation and issues that may arise to your pup’s aging. I have not come across a product such as this one and am very thankful to have found it – this is a much needed product in our current dog market.
Though Brooklyn doesn’t have any other issues with the exception of her separation anxiety, it’s nice to know she is being treated for the other issues prior to them becoming a problem for her.
I’m back at it again with a new Parsons x Teen Vogue assignment.
I don’t have many left to do, which is super exciting. I started this class almost a year ago! I am super close to obtaining my certificate in the Fashion Industry Essentials.
Today’s assignment is a bit different compared to the other two I recently posted up. This one focuses on playing around with your analytic information on both hootsuite.com and the built-in functions on social media websites; in my case that was WordPress & Youtube.
From the information I gathered, I learned that most of my readers are female, in between the ages of 18-24. They mostly come from the United States but I found that a few European countries [France, United Kingdom, Italy to name a few] and Brazil were other places where my content is being watched & read.
It’s really interesting learning where in the world your content is being viewed. I am definitely going to take some time to really learn how to properly use the analytical information on these tools. When examined properly, there is definitely potential of being able to use that to your advantage as far as marketing goes.
*I know it’s been a while since I’ve last posted anything, but I do have honest reasons for my absence. I mentioned this leave of absence in my last video, Break From YouTube?, but didn’t think to mention it on my blog. Since this post isn’t a life update, I will address my leave of absence at the end.*
Dear 2016, you are MY year.
Though there are people who think setting goals in the beginning of the year is a bit cliche – let’s be real, they aren’t wrong about that, it is a cliche – they forget to realize that setting goals is the first step to getting anything accomplished. That’s why having New Years Resolution’s is important: we’re officially standing on a clean slate and can build anything we want on top of it.
This year, I am setting goals that will help me grow and prosper in every aspect of my life; it’s basically what I wanted & accomplished in 2015, but this year, I plan to continuously grow in areas I never thought I’d find myself. Here are a few specific things I will accomplish in 2016:
1. Work-out more/Start a toning work-out routine. I know this is another cliche, but since having my daughter, back in August of 2014, I’ve managed to loose most of my baby weight. I’m definitely not as small as I was pre-pregnancy, but I am completely in love with how womanly I feel in my current body. My goal is to find a routine that will focus more on toning instead of weight loss.
2. Drink more water. Drinking water is a necessity for the body, you can never drink to much of it. You actually can, but hydration is the key to success. #djkhaledinspo
3. Meditate more. By the end of 2016, I would like to have a daily mediation routine. I was introduced to the world of mediation in early 2015, but I started committing towards the end of the year. As of late, I have been doing it more frequently and I have noticed an immediate difference in my overall well being. I want to continue to give me this time to balance out all of my life stresses.
4. Work on time management. I’m no expert when it comes to keeping my life organized, but in 2015, I was also introduced to the power of making lists, setting goals, & planning my life; & I have officially become addicted! I want to work harder on staying focused on what’s really important in accomplishing any goals or tasks I have set for myself, it being a blog post, play date, or homework assignment.
5. Read more. I love writing, it’s why I’ve taken blogging up as a side hobby. The best way to keep my writing up to par, besides writing more, is to read more. I also enjoy diving into different worlds when I need an escape from my reality. I want to read a few books this year, no specific amount.
6. Write more. As I said in the previous listing, writing frequently helps a ton if you’re a blogger. It’ll also be beneficial for me since I am still a college student. I want to write as often as I can, it being ideas, thoughts, free-writes or even journal entries.
7. Pick up my Uke and Guitar more. I love both instruments and can play a few chords on ’em, but I really want to be able to write my own music and get lost in that world. Hopefully with bettering my time management, I might be able to learn a thing or two this year.
8. Monthly mood boards. I created a mood board at a recent event I went to, and had so much fun in doing so. Monthly mood boards came into my life during a free blogging class I took last June. SheisMelrose, who is a fellow fashion blogger, taught the class and talked about it’s benefits. With the amount of magazines I have pilled-up under my bed – and in my moms house – mood boards are the perfect creative outlet to put those magazines to good use. I plan on sharing my mood boards monthly on my blog, along side monthly wishlists.
9. DIY more. In 2015, I had a decent amount of DIY projects I wanted to get my hands on, but never got around to doing. I have a bin in my back studio filled with clothes that need bleaching, distressing, patch-work and simple stitching. I hope, again, with my improvements on time management, I can get a few projects done this year – expect those to be shared both on my blog & YouTube!
10. Thrift more. Fashion is my biggest passion, and nothing makes me happier than buying amazing pieces for super cheap. Thrifting really helps me in finding my individual style because I can buy pieces that no one else has; it’s perfect. I do plan on picking up a few quality pieces from name brand stores, but for the majority of my shopping trips this year, I want to buy used clothing. Not only is it budget friendly, but it’s also good for the environment. That’s what I call a win-win!
11. Expand DeadGypsy & Co & launch an official site. If you did not know, I am also a jewelry designer. My shop, DeadGypsy & Co., is currently on Etsy and I have plans to legitimize my shop by launching an official site which I’m stoked to announce is currently in the works. As far as goodies go, I plan on expanding my inventory with tie-dyed tote bags [which I will be tie-dying myself], handmade candles and re-introduce my handmade soaps.
12. Start brainstorming & planning future projects. I have a few other side projects I’d like to plan out further this year – those plans include creating a zine [I will be selling my zines on the DeadGypsy site], write, act & directed a web series & starting a podcast, where I will be interviewing artists from all over. I have plans, y’all.
13. Be more positive. This has been on my New Year’s Resolutions list for the past few years, and thankfully, every year I find that I am a lot more positive and content with myself than I was the year before. Loving myself has allowed me to love those nearest and dearest to me in ways I never thought possible, and I am blessed to have been able to find a decent amount of self-love last year. In 2016, I want to continue deepening my connection with my inner self to really share my love with others – it’s amazing what loving yourself can accomplish.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my list of goals for this coming year. I hope January has been treating you well & that the rest of 2016 brings you nothing but experiences, love and positivity. What are some of your goals for 2016? Please leave them in the comments below, I’d love to know!
**Explanation for my absence:
If you are subscribed to my YouTube channel, you would have saw that my last video was all about me taking a break from YouTube & there were a few reasons as to why:
I wanted to really enjoy my winter break with my family with no worries about posting on my blog or on YouTube.
Being a full time student, I also lost a bit of time with my daughter the later half of 2015 so I wanted to give her a few weeks of my undivided attention.
Plus, always having my blog & YouTube on my mind, I just mentally and physically needed the break. Blogging & YouTube does take a lot of energy from me and I wanted to really relax during this break. I needed it to really enjoy my present life.
Another reason for my absence is that I wanted to spend more quality time with myself – shaving bald is definitely a drastic change and I’m still trying to properly adjust to it. Overall, I am beyond happy that I shaved, but I still do get a bit nervous removing my beanie in public.
My final reason for taking this break is because, as much as I hate to admit it, I failed Geology, again. At times I noticed that I would put a bit more energy into my blog and YouTube over school, which is a complete no-no. I took these past few weeks to pre-filmed, pre-edited and pre-planned videos and posts for this coming semester. I cannot afford to fail classes, but I still want to be consistent with my content. I have faith that this break was exactly what I needed to balance my blog/YT, school and my home life.
To be honest, I loved this break so much that I think I might make January my designated ‘vacation’ month from my Internet life. It’s refreshing to spend time off of the web, and find inspiration in other places while experiencing different things. I feel like I am recharged and ready to take the rest of the year by storm! [There is a chance I might take a few weeks off in the summer to prep for my fall semester, but that’s still up in the air.] I hope this explains my absence better, and gives y’all a better understanding of where I am coming from. I got mad love for you, and cannot wait to grow together this coming year!
Don’t forget to either follow or leave you e-mail to be notified whenever I upload a new blog post. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!
Thank you so much, Ashley, for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award; it’s my first nomination and I couldn’t be more excited! I really do love how caring and loving the blogging community can be – I have met so many amazingly beautiful gals through blogging. I’m so happy I decided to commit!
Ashley’s blog ranges from beauty to fashion to all things lifestyle, and she is the cutest thing ever. She is also a mama, like me, which gives her extra cool points in my book! Her blog is definitely one of my favorites, check her out here: Vivacious Lifestylin’.
The rules are really simple: The first thing you do is thank the person who nominated you. Second, you have to write 7 facts about yourself. They can be whatever your heart wants them to be, so have fun! Finally, you just have to nominate 5-10 beautiful bloggers that you love reading, and keep the tradition goin’!
Here are my 7 Facts:
I am a proud mama to a 15 month old baby girl. She’s Puerto Rican, Black, and Mexican & there is no doubt that she is best friend. My bestest best friend.
My boyfriend and I started dating because I asked him to be my prom date our senior year of High School. We’re going to make 5 years on the 26th of this month and I couldn’t be happier.
I have always been fashion obsessed. When I was a little girl, I would always be fascinated with my mama’s shoe collection. I remember these one pair of boots she had that had this beautiful, intricate design sewed on to it – I swear that was the moment my love for shoes came to be what it is today. As I got older and started reading magazines, I started ripping them up and taping my favorite outfits, editorials, and models onto my wall. I managed to get an entire wall covered – I was very proud of that wall.
I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. But I would love to live in California, Colorado, Florida and some parts of Europe, at some point in my life.
I don’t like to admit it, but I’m a huge procrastinator! I try to keep my life organized through planners and making lists on my IPad. It does help.
I’ve dealt with depression for a huge chunk of my life. A few years back, I made it a goal to take care of myself to ensure that I will be happy everyday, no matter what my circumstances are. I can honestly count the amount if times, on one hand, of all the bad days I’ve had so far this year.
I have androgenic alopecia which is a genetic disease that causes hair loss. I started noticing it my senior year of high school, and it has only gotten worse since then. It got progressively worse after having my daughter. It’s my biggest insecurity but I am excited to announce that I will be shaving bald at the end of the year. The thought of being bald makes me extremely happy and I am blessed to have a partner who fully supports my decision. I am grateful for this flaw, though, because I have learned to appreciate the different forms of beauty. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and forms, and it is good to accept & appreciate them all.
I am excited to become the change I wish to see in the world. Bald & Beautiful.*
*I will be filming my experience of shaving bald and will also be sharing it both on YouTube and WordPress. I want to document my reactions before, during and after for both myself – it would be great to watch this experience a few years from now – but also for other women in the world who deal with alopecia. It’s something that not many people know about, and I want to share it.